Programmer's release notes for Time & Chaos 8
For Internal Use only.
- fixed an issue on column sizing when "Autosize columns" is turned off
- fixed an issue in Reports module when switching databases after a task report that would cause an error.
- the contact profile printout has been adapted to remove the redundancy of repeating the contact name on both the primary and secondary address blocks
- new windows 10 theme and removal of the ORB now replaced by a File Menu (boring but that's Microsoft's consistant new style)
- various other minor fixes and tweaks
- added additional search on quickfind. If you search for something, you can now do a completely new search directly from the quickfind results screen.
- added web content bulletin on the check for updates screen. May be used to promote new announcements and urgent news (such as we had last November).
- fixed a refresh issue when using desktop icons to switch between data sets.
- misc other tweaks/fixes.
- added a fail safe to prevent work from being lost when entering data into a new record that is missing a lastname, or company.
- added a fail safe to prevent record changes from being lost by clicking the close button icon of a form
- fixed an issue that could cause the task list to repaint multiple times
- added additional error checks and minor bug fixes
- adjusted planner item track color to silver (previously red) to provide a less distracting view
- added a display column for the new appointment location field. (note you will have to perform a RESET columns on your appointment grid in order to make the option visible)
- new custom field type ! which allows for a decimal field.
- fixed an issue on a contract profile print where a blank date field could pick up a previous used value.
- multi-selecting appointments or tasks on the classic screen will highlight all of the linked contacts for all of the events. This makes it easy to print mailing labels/labels for all appointments for a day.
- added a new duration column for appointments that calculates the hours and minutes between the start and end times. Note, existing customers will need to RESET Columns in order to see this new column on the drop down menu.
- ctrl+a to select all in notes
- fixed an issue that would occasionally place a second blank window on the windows taskbar on win 7 & 8
Special Note: We have are currently developing native applications for Android and iOS devices and plan are on track to begin a public beta test soon. If this is something that you may be interested in participating and have a Chaos Hosting Account please visit our LAB's Page on our website on or after June 6th. http://www.chaossoftware.com/chaos-labs.aspx
- day plan printout now supports canceled all day events with the strikeout font
- fixed an issue correctly saving linked appointments within a project when filtered by group and then clicking the ok button to save the record.
- fixed multi-select on monthly navigation calendars for setting and clearing day colors across a range of dates
- added an optional text field for location on the appointment entry screen. This information is used when importing and sending vCalendar events and synchronizing with mobile devices to specify a location for the meeting.
- add Send to to the right click menu for the monthly and weekly planner views.
- attached notes now supports printing of a highlighted selection as an option
- importing of vCalendar events now preserves the CRLF's within the event's note field.
- added meeting confirmations for Chaos Hosting customers. Now when you send an appointment to an email recipient(s) they will be asked to Confirm or Decline the invitation, your appointment will reflect their responses within the appointment details and on the classic screen, week planner, agenda views.
- default font size has been set to 9 point size. Size preference is located in options on the appearance tab.
- fixed a bug when adding new events into a unfiled filtered list
- misc other tweaks.
- fixed a bug that would cause program to restart rather than shutdown during a program update.
- by popular demand added back the auto complete fields for company, city, state, job title.
- each printout now saves/recalls device color printing option.
- dymo labels now honor contact option check boxes for both job title and company and the address format set from preferences.
- group filtering at startup now also works with the "unfiled" group
- notes date stamp now supports variables for %UTC% (utc time) and %OFFSET% (current time zone offset from utc)
- Ctrl+F now sets the focus into the quick find text box
- Ctrl+D now marks a focused task as DONE
- fixed a chaos host sync issue on an edited repeating series where only the first editing item in the series would be sent
- transportable records accepted through the in basket now update the last modified date and time so that they correctly synchronize with chaos host.
- added the ability to add a new linked project from the contacts.
- when you are filtered using a Not logic on a Category, new records are now unchecked for that category
- when editing bulleted items in notes. Inserting a new item either in the middle or end of list will automatically turn on bullets
- fixed a possible issue on the report screen where the column headers could inadvertently be placed on the second row
- switching between month view calendar and planner views now correctly update date
- added Caspian as a new theme.
- programmers note only. updated all internal windows calls from wm_user to registerwindowmessage
- theme color enhancements
- other minor bug fixes
- exporting of report data containing html (such as the linked name fields) is now stripped out.
- printing of notes from within a data entry screen now adds a header and footer with page count.
- minor bug fixes.
- fixed an issue adding a appointment or task series from within a contact record.
- fixed a bug when repeatedly printing appointments filtered by a group
- fixed a small bug when adding a series from selected contacts that would cause the linked names to blank out if you clicked on the linked names tab.
- fixed an international date bug that would fail to correctly display appointment end times in locations that use a comma for a decimal separator.
- dropping a single contact on the monthly calendar to schedule a new appointment now fills out your default drag text for the new event.
- new archive feature under the file menu. Allows fast archiving of old calendar and task data. Selectively restorable through the advanced data backup explorer.
- a few UI changes on Advanced data backup explorer to support the new archive feature.
- you can now drag contacts and drop on a date of the navigation calendars to quickly schedule and appointment.
- linked items within an Appointment, Task, Project or Contacts entry screen now can filter by group and category.
- miscellaneous bug fixes.
- included confirmation dialog's to calendar, tasks, projects when using the delete button on the data entry screen.
- fixed a row select issue when using Shift + up / down cursor keys
- added a reset button and the ability to insert the tab keys on the custom clipboard designer.
- custom fields defined as being Currency, Integer, Percentage will now prevent keyboard entry of non-numeric characters
- optional search footer visibility is now saved, restored on program start.
- fixed a bug in reorganizing the users in the user list that could cause <b> </b> to be inserted around the user names.
- many small optimizations
- fixed a day planner printout bug that would cause the time line to start at midnight when there was a repeating day title.
- fixed an issue that would turn off an appointment alarm when being moved to a new day when the lead time was 0 minutes.
- improved the efficiency of the chaos host synchronization with implementation of zip files rather than bak files.
- vCard addresses that are encoded as Quotable Printable should now import better
- many more minor things that are hardly worthy of a bullet item
- fixed a condition that could auto size the row heights when word wrap is turned off.
- fixed a few display fonts that were not following your theme settings.
- improved the refreshing of the display when changing theme elements.
- added a new section in options for Telephony. This allows you to auto dial from you computer with services such as Skype using Callto: or Tel:
- main grids (not report) now have a default stretch column that sizes automatically so they do not spill over beyond view. This option appears on the columns menu aptly named Auto Stretch Column.
- fixed an issue with custom fields set to drop down list when using previous and next buttons.
- you can now drag an appointment or task from the quick find search results to a date on the navigation calendar to either copy or move the item.
- fixes for some time zones with the new world clocks on the agenda page.
- fixed the memory leak from the new agenda clocks.
- improved bullets and numbering within a note
- improved the speed when dragging and dropping multiple appointments or tasks to another day.
- fixed the tab key order on the contact entry screen.
- brand new agenda page, with real grids, real analog world clocks. Double click on clocks to configure.
- fixed an incorrect record count when grid is in treeview mode.
- context menu (cut,copy, paste ...) applied to all custom fields.
- when a grid is in treeview mode the column that it is grouped on is now automatically set to zero width, rather than repeating the same text over and over on each line.
- lots of small items
- new default option to left align data entry tabs. If you don't like this or it is not appropriate for you display click the icon in the upper right corner of the data entry screen.
- minor change to the custom fields to allow improved resizing
- added an copy to clipboard icon in the contact preview for the address. (more obvious then a right click)
- fixed a navigation calendar bug that was preventing the setting and clearing of a day color
- chaos host synchronization improved to ensure we always have a unique temporary folder.
- added a right click menu option to "Remove Linked Item(s)". Useful when linked items have been added you want to remove the link only and not delete the item.
- quickfind has been enhanced to allow a database specific search. Just preface your search with calendar:, tasks:, mail:, contacts:, projects: .... for example: "tasks:shipping confirmation" (don't forget the colon :). PS. if you have customized Projects to something else then you would use your customized name followed by a colon.
- lots of appearance tweaks
- to copy a telephone number or a custom field value to the windows clipboard you now only need to left mouse click on the text itself (not the hyperlink), also have made custom fields take advantage of launching applications via the services ini file.
- all categories have a new right click menu option to change the number of viewable columns from 1 to 9 (default is 3)
- added new option under Export for "Clipboard Copy as Text". This copies the row column text to the windows clipboard in a format that can be directly pasted into most spreadsheets as columns and rows.
- fixed an repeat option bug that failed to properly recognize the last day of the month
- added 2 new search logics to the reports module. "Ends with" and "Is Blank"
- custom copy to clipboard no longer automatically inserts carriage return between records. If you want carriage returns just add them to your template
- redesign of category filter options needed in order to keep simplicity while adding Not logic
- improved the responsiveness during the opening a network UNC location the first time.
- various other minor bug fixes/tweaks
- agenda module that is viewing a web page will retain the open web page when switching between modules.
- fixed a bug with repeated appointments where an event with an unchecked alarm would incorrectly check alarms on future events
- linked appointments, tasks that are editing from within the entry screen now will not be duplicated
- contact profile custom date fields are now printing properly formatted
- contact list "new button" drop down now includes appointments and tasks. You can now select multiple contacts, click new task or appointment, all selected contacts will be linked to the new event
- on a dual monitor configuration the Open Data Dialog was incorrectly opening in the center of the screen rather than center of the active monitor
- fixed an error in projects category sort and shuffle that prevented the realignment of categories
- fixed a calendar printing bug where a repeating item with no start time would print at 12am rather than a day title
- a potential fix for a rare cloud synchronization condition where old temporary database files are unable to be deleted and thus preventing a users new records from being posted to the host
- dragged and dropped contact records to calendar or tasks can now insert fields from the contact record into the description. note: this is an advanced feature that works similar to the services.ini file. call or write tech support for assistance.
- chaoshost automatic sync settings have been moved so they are data independent (you will need to reset your options)
- fixed a bug related to the new 2 way reciprocal links overwriting previous values.
- fixed the prev/next record buttons from with a contact record so that no attempt is made to move beyond the first or last record.
- quickfind results can now be dragged and dropped as you would any other record
- vcs and ics files that have more that 1 record within the file, will now prompt user to automatically add all records
- when adding a new record, some tabs were unavailable until after record was saved
- fixed: when attempting to save a new project without a project name, user was warned but the record would close thus losing the changes
- improved main icon scaling on desktop
- option for dialog prompts enhanced to be unique for all views
- fixed an issue that would prevent the delete icon from working on a linked item within a contact record
- copy address to clipboard now suppresses the double & characters in an address
- photo panel within a contact entry screen opened/closed state is now persistent
- contacts can now be dragged to the Projects tab to create a new project
- improved the performance of opening a network UNC location the first time. (windows can be very slow to respond to an initial request for a UNC location)
- improved drag and drop (redesigned/rewritten to help some users who get a stuck drag pointer)
- a contact linked to other contacts are now 2 way (reciprocal) links
- type ahead lookup key processing on the grid has been rewritten.
- fixed a bug that would prevent the minimize button from working on windows 7 systems set to 125% font size
- fixed a bug where erasing the first category label and then saving would move the other labels up one position
- Contact drop to appointment is now correctly setting the default alarm lead time preference
- Print settings optional start and end time tweaks have been corrected to properly display a formatted time.
- custom date fields with v3x values should now visually convert.
- custom fields enhanced so that a field set as Normal Edit Control will no longer use/save previously entered values
- reverted to old style tool tips as a few reports of occasional sticking
- various other minor corrections & tweaks
- custom fields now support international currency (will need to change the field label to use localized symbol in place of $ and a program restart).
- repeat options on an existing non repeating event have now been corrected to reflect the appointment date rather than today's date.
- chaos host optimizations include providing some overlap time for network users with inaccurate system clocks.
- rewrote the query code for quarterly dates reports
- various other minor corrections & tweaks.
- on startup of classic module the first selected task with linked contacts now ignores highlighting of the contact may leave the user believing that that contact list sorting is incorrect.
- custom fields with decimal places are now displaying consistent formatting on both the grid and the data entry screens.
- fixed a bug with Set and Clear Categories Values where it would incorrectly truncate the category at the position of the change.
- now clearing the checked linked contacts when using Prev Next buttons on a contact record
- word mail merge with custom fields (projects or contacts) containing dates should now be correctly formatted.
- improved method of bringing ms word to the foreground when mail merging.
- removed the extra blank category from being added on the category selection pop up window.
- fixed a bug with Find and Replace that would cause rows to be skipped under certain circumstances
- fixed the Agenda module background color on windows 8
- fixed the alignment of the query panel on the reports screen
- fixed restore so that it really can restore old format backup files.
- added ability to schedule a new activity series from within a record.
- many small tweaks and twiddles.
- fixed a Group filter bug that would carry an Group Filter from the calendar to other modules.
- fixed an issue on the agenda page where a task entered today with a specified group would begin displaying until tomorrow.
- fixed a condition on the agenda page where an appointment set to the color blue would incorrectly display as white on white
- a new appointment default end time is completed without the requirement for a default start time.
- fixed external alarm monitor so that it now uses the correct ini settings file
- fixed: Task default drop priority.
- fixed double confirmation required while creating a new set of data
- restore data now supports old version backups, providing that there are no current bak files in the restore folder.
- task list printout now supports color priorities
- the "New" toolbar button in Contacts now includes "E-Mail Message". This is to create a new email to all the selected contacts.
- quite a few treeview mode tweaks.
- corrected a font color issue on the Agenda page with the themes Brillant and Whitby.
- password in preferences is no longer displayed in plain text
- linked lists now save the last used sort order (ascending or descending)
- planner: fixed a buglet that would cause a && instead of a single & in the description when the event had an alarm
- fixed a bug in the monthly calendar view that could cause a lockup if <> symbols were used in the description
- added cut, copy, paste, delete and strikeout to the monthly calendar right click menu
- improved the find duplicate function on the report screen so that it now preselects (keeps) the oldest duplicates automatically.
- added a toggle button for live spelling to the notes screens.
- added a few adjustments to better handle large font settings in windows.
- create desktop shortcut was failing to actually launch the correct dataset
- fixed an issue where a maximized main form would not restore back to normal in the old windows classic mode
- a few tweaks to the activity series data entry screens.
- fixed a condition where edting a repeating series by ONLY changing the repeat thru date would fail to see the record as being changed.
- fixed a minor color issue with Metro theme font color
- improved percentage custom fields so it better supports decimals.
- contact record telephone number field connect (dial) buttons now working.
- new memory optimization/compression
- fixed a minor issue within the contact entry screen that was causing the misalignment of the copy and paste icons.
- fixed an issue that prevented the default time interval preference from being recalled.
- reordered the Quick Access Toolbar icons.
- included missing dymo label printing utility.
version 18.104.22.168 - Official Release March 5 2012
- added a few more formats for the contact's "Name" field, which is extensively used not only as a column but also the format of Linked Names (contacts section of the program settings).
- address block on the business card now correctly supports the format chosen in settings
- copy primary/secondary address block images added to contact entry screen.
- a few tweaks to activity series editor data entry.
- fixed a small query bug in the reports section.
- a group and category query on the classic screen can now be combined.
- planner view time scale now picks up 12 or 24 hours from system settings.
- fixed a bug that prevented the type ahead search from working in the contact list when "activate controls with a mouse over" option was selected in options.
- projects: fixed a condition where adding column totals could blank out the column header text
- launching a vCard, vCalendar can now correctly start the program if it is closed.
- mouse hover will now change the focus to the underlaying control. useful in conjunction with a mouse scroll wheel can be turned off in options (activate controls with a mouse over)
- no longer have to click a date for the week number to refresh, it's now activated on startup
- a single vcard exported to the user specified filename, multiple vcards export to the Display name of each record.
- prevented the opening of a new record by single clicking on a grouped node.
- improved the clearing of on screen data when changing data sets
- fixed a windows xp issue that caused a couple of extra characters to be displayed on the "New" menu items
- fixed a condition that prevented edited appointment or task series from being uploaded to ChaosHost.
- fixed a condition where editing of repeat series on the monthview or weekview and opting to change only a single event would incorrectly update the whole series.
- fixed the planner drag item so that it now can change both time and date in a single drag operation
- fixed an issue where the repeat thru date could initially be set to a date prior to the event date.
- viewing only of the repeat options no longer marks the record as having changed
- fixed a couple of minor issues regarding importing and exporting of vcards
- added additional checks to ensure user confirmation prior to creating any new files in a folder
- fixed an error in the format of the default time date stamp in notes
- improved the pasting of snippets into a note.
- added a "New" toolbar icon (easier for some to see/use)
- drop of contact to appointments now sets default starttime, endtime correctly.
- fixed a bug that would prevent a windows shutdown from closing the program.
- folder synchronization now supports legal billing data
- reporting on a date field can now accept values of (and can be saved with a report)
- %THISMONTH%, %LASTMONTH%, %NEXTMONTH%
- %THISYEAR%, %LASTYEAR%, %NEXTYEAR%
- %THISWEEK%, %LASTWEEK%, %NEXTWEEK%
- %THISQUARTER%, %LASTQUARTER%, %NEXTQUARTER%
- %JANUARY% ... %DECEMBER%
- custom copy fixed a bug that would raise an error due on tasks.
- custom copy now support linked names as text rather than record keys.
- agenda view appointment and task delete menus is now functional
- tree view nodes background color corrected to be the same as the grid
- grids were not remembering the last sort order when program was restarted if the first column was an icon style column
- the quick lookup edit (at the top of a column) will close when focus moved to another module
- added a notification that moving and sorting by columns is restricted while in treeview mode
- group filters are saved at program close and recalled on opening of data
- horizontal scroll position maintained after sort on column headings.
- better coordination of filters within various views
- quite a few minor items related to left over pieces of intellect code.
Major differences from Intellect 7.x to 8.x
- Database file names have all changed. Names are now Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Projects
- Databases have been redesigned and re-indexed and optimized for performance
- Expanded field lengths for group names to 40 characters
- Chaos host synchronization now synchronizes changes only. Much much quicker
- Chaos host can now be set to auto synchronize every 15 minutes
- Linked files expanded to 100
- Any displayed column can now be grouped on.
- Tasks now can support multiple linked names
- New month view. It's fast and provides mouse wheel support
- New docking panels on classic screen. Put em where you want, close what you don't
- Columns, consistent, movable by dragging, selected with a right click on header
- Quick find speed improved
- Simplified / fewer program options.
- Tree-view grouping on any column
- Plain text notes
- Cut copy paste even mail records
- Consistent interface on custom fields (project entry, contact entry)
- incredibly fast sync with folder to replace the old sync with removable media.
- Quick lookup on any sorted column
- Select and Print multiple mail messages
- Mail Merge with MS Word from Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Projects
- Contacts now support photos, and can sync through Chaos Host to your/from phones
- Task Alarms