Programmer's release notes for Chaos Intellect
For Internal Use only.
- fixed a chaos host sync issue on an edited repeating series where only the first editing item in the series would be sent
- mail: on windows 7 and 8 the taskbar icon will have a graphical star overlay if you have unread mail. This provides a visual clue to users when the program is minimized or covered by another program.
- mail: auto refresh of contact list after adding sender to contact list
- transportable records accepted through the in basket now update the last modified date and time so that they correctly synchronize with chaos host.
- debug code removed
- added the ability to add a new linked project from the contacts.
- when you are filtered using a Not logic on a Category, new records are now unchecked for that category
- when editing bulleted items in notes. Inserting a new item either in the middle or end of list will automatically turn on bullets
- fixed a possible issue on the report screen where the column headers could inadvertently be placed on the second row
- switching between month view calendar and planner views now correctly update date
- added Caspian as a new theme.
- mail: added the inbox unread count to the navigation panel tab for mail
- programmers note only. updated all internal windows calls from wm_user to registerwindowmessage
- theme color enhancements
- other minor bug fixes
- exporting of report data containing html (such as the linked name fields) is now stripped out.
- printing of notes from within a data entry screen now adds a header and footer with page count.
- minor bug fixes.
- mail: protect user from right clicking and creating a new folder on topmost folder (mailbox).
- mail: when adding a mail rule, "always accept" it will now be automatically inserted at the top of rule list
- fixed an issue adding a appointment or task series from within a contact record.
- fixed a bug when repeatedly printing appointments filtered by a group
- fixed a small bug when adding a series from selected contacts that would cause the linked names to blank out if you clicked on the linked names tab.
- fixed an international date bug that would fail to correctly display appointment end times in locations that use a comma for a decimal separator.
- dropping a single contact on the monthly calendar to schedule a new appointment now fills out your default drag text for the new event.
- new archive feature under the file menu. Allows fast archiving of old calendar and task data. Selectively restorable through the advanced data backup explorer.
- a few UI changes on Advanced data backup explorer to support the new archive feature.
- you can now drag contacts and drop on a date of the navigation calendars to quickly schedule and appointment.
- linked items within an Appointment, Task, Project or Contacts entry screen now can filter by group and category.
- miscellaneous bug fixes.
- mail: added a balloon tip to help decode the mail flags colors definitions
- mail: insert signature when editing from drafts now works without having to reselect mail account
- mail: added a simple right click edit menu to the signature editor.
- mail: patched a small memory leak
- mail: improved error handling in the event that a user attempts to send a mail message with an open document. eg. Word is still running with the document being sent loaded.
- mail: when double clicking on an existing mail message, the editor is now in browse mode by default (so that a user can click on links), except if the message is in the Drafts folder.
- minor bug fixes
- included confirmation dialog's to calendar, tasks, projects when using the delete button on the data entry screen.
- fixed a row select issue when using Shift + up / down cursor keys
- added a reset button and the ability to insert the tab keys on the custom clipboard designer.
- custom fields defined as being Currency, Integer, Percentage will now prevent keyboard entry of non-numeric characters
- optional search footer visibility is now saved, restored on program start.
- fixed a bug in reorganizing the users in the user list that could cause <b> </b> to be inserted around the user names.
- many small optimizations
- mail: fixed a bug that could cause the program to completely shutdown after clicking some types of mail messages
- fixed a day planner printout bug that would cause the time line to start at midnight when there was a repeating day title.
- fixed an issue that would turn off an appointment alarm when being moved to a new day when the lead time was 0 minutes.
- improved the efficiency of the chaos host synchronization with implementation of zip files rather than bak files.
- vCard addresses that are encoded as Quotable Printable should now import better
- many more minor things that are hardly worthy of a bullet item
- mail: minor change for sending email to at&t text messaging service.
- mail: rules filtering should now be more memory efficient.
- mail: improved smtp error handling
- fixed a condition that could auto size the row heights when word wrap is turned off.
- fixed a few display fonts that were not following your theme settings.
- improved the refreshing of the display when changing theme elements.
- added a new section in options for Telephony. This allows you to auto dial from you computer with services such as Skype using Callto: or Tel:
- main grids (not report) now have a default stretch column that sizes automatically so they do not spill over beyond view. This option appears on the columns menu aptly named Auto Stretch Column.
- fixed an issue with custom fields set to drop down list when using previous and next buttons.
- you can now drag an appointment or task from the quick find search results to a date on the navigation calendar to either copy or move the item.
- mail: speed up on enumerating saved folders across a network connection. (mail should open quicker).
- mail: elimination of the erroneous Groups menu from the right click pop up.
- mail: while the IMAP maximum message dialog is displayed, the mail timer is now disabled so it will suspend further checks for mail until prompt is responded to. This can occur when a large number of messages has arrived and the user has walked away from the computer.
- mail: improved the memory use when converting mail messages from version 3 to 4
- fixes for some time zones with the new world clocks on the agenda page.
- fixed the memory leak from the new agenda clocks.
- mail: fixes for some memory errors when intellect is running beneath another window and computer enters sleep state.
- improved bullets and numbering within a note
- improved the speed when dragging and dropping multiple appointments or tasks to another day.
- fixed the tab key order on the contact entry screen.
- brand new agenda page, with real grids, real analog world clocks. Double click on clocks to configure.
- fixed an incorrect record count when grid is in treeview mode.
- context menu (cut,copy, paste ...) applied to all custom fields.
- when a grid is in treeview mode the column that it is grouped on is now automatically set to zero width, rather than repeating the same text over and over on each line.
- lots of small items
- mail: fixed a blank sender field on a MAPI send message
- mail: added the ability to Send to email recipient. This will attach vCards for the selected records to a new mail message. vCards sent this way do not include attached notes. Export as vCard includes notes. Done for confidentiality.
- mail fixed a minor issue with the mail flag being reset when editing a message.
- fixed a bug with the read delay timer that would cause the treeview to flicker.
- corrected the incorrect tab stop ordering on the contact entry screen
- new default option to left align data entry tabs. If you don't like this or it is not appropriate for you display click the icon in the upper right corner of the data entry screen.
- minor change to the custom fields to allow improved resizing
- added an copy to clipboard icon in the contact preview for the address. (more obvious then a right click)
- fixed a navigation calendar bug that was preventing the setting and clearing of a day color
- chaos host synchronization improved to ensure we always have a unique temporary folder.
- added a right click menu option to "Remove Linked Item(s)". Useful when linked items have been added you want to remove the link only and not delete the item.
- quickfind has been enhanced to allow a database specific search. Just preface your search with calendar:, tasks:, mail:, contacts:, projects: .... for example: "mail:shipping confirmation" (don't forget the colon :). PS. if you have customized Projects to something else then you would use your customized name followed by a colon.
- lots of appearance tweaks
- to copy a telephone number or a custom field value to the windows clipboard you now only need to left mouse click on the text itself (not the hyperlink), also have made custom fields take advantage of launching applications via the services ini file.
- all categories have a new right click menu option to change the number of viewable columns from 1 to 9 (default is 3)
- mail: added a mail option to allow a delay before marking a message read
- mail: initial load of mail data has now been placed into it's own thread so that we can use use the rest of the program while we are waiting for a slow network location.
- added new option under Export for "Clipboard Copy as Text". This copies the row column text to the windows clipboard in a format that can be directly pasted into most spreadsheets as columns and rows.
- fixed an repeat option bug that failed to properly recognize the last day of the month
- added 2 new search logics to the reports module. "Ends with" and "Is Blank"
- custom copy to clipboard no longer automatically inserts carriage return between records. If you want carriage returns just add them to your template
- redesign of category filter options needed in order to keep simplicity while adding Not logic
- improved the responsiveness during the opening a network UNC location the first time.
- mail: fixed a condition where an message received on an mail account that no longer exists would result in the compose screen showing a reply going to your default account instead of the intended recipient.
- mail: added secondary address to mail merge field choices
- various other minor bug fixes/tweaks
- agenda module that is viewing a webpage will retain the open webpage when switching between modules.
- fixed a bug with repeated appointments where an event with an unchecked alarm would incorrectly check alarms on future events
- mail: improved caching of html messages that do not also contain a plain text body
- mail: email printout now includes the time with the date
- mail: added a fix for some mail messages that would not display inline images because of missing content-type attachment header
- mail: fixed a bug that could cause the program to hang when downloading of an html message with no plain text body and A LOT of html tags
- linked appointments, tasks that are editing from within the entry screen now will not be duplicated
- contact profile custom date fields are now printing properly formatted
- contact list "new button" drop down now includes appointments and tasks. You can now select multiple contacts, click new task or appointment, all selected contacts will be linked to the new event
- on a dual monitor configuration the Open Data Dialog was incorrectly opening in the center of the screen rather than center of the active monitor
- mail: fixed a condition where a plain text message containing an email address on an ssl url would incorrectly be launched as a new mail message rather than a web page
- mail: fixed a bug where the delete key within the mail compose screen could delete a mail message after you have maximize the preview (CTRL-M)
- fixed an error in projects category sort and shuffle that prevented the realignment of categories
- fixed a calendar printing bug where a repeating item with no start time would print at 12am rather than a day title
- a potential fix for a rare cloud synchronization condition where old temporary database files are unable to be deleted and thus preventing a users new records from being posted to the host
- dragged and dropped contact records to calendar or tasks can now insert fields from the contact record into the description. note: this is an advanced feature that works similar to the services.ini file. call or write tech support for assistance.
- chaoshost automatic sync settings have been moved so they are data independent (you will need to reset your options)
- fixed a bug related to the new 2 way reciprocal links overwriting previous values.
- fixed the prev/next record buttons from with a contact record so that no attempt is made to move beyond the first or last record.
- quickfind results can now be dragged and dropped as you would any other record
- vcs and ics files that have more that 1 record within the file, will now prompt user to automatically add all records
- when adding a new record, some tabs such as linked mail were unavailable until after record was saved
- fixed: when attempting to save a new project without a project name, user was warned but the record would close thus losing the changes
- mail message printing of plain text messages has been corrected to add proper line breaks.
- mail merge results for email corrected to send all messages in queue
- improved main icon scaling on desktop
- option for dialog prompts enhanced to be unique for all views
- fixed an issue that would prevent the delete icon from working on a linked item within a contact record
- copy address to clipboard now suppresses the double & characters in an address
- photo panel within a contact entry screen opened/closed state is now persistent
- contacts can now be dragged to the Projects tab to create a new project
- improved the performance of opening a network UNC location the first time. (windows can be very slow to respond to an initial request for a UNC location)
- improved drag and drop (redesigned/rewritten to help some users who get a stuck drag pointer)
- a contact linked to other contacts are now 2 way (reciprocal) links
- mail save attachment now stores and recalls last used folder
- mail file size column is now right aligned
- mail sent with receipt request will no longer provide a prompt for a confirmation in your sent folder
- type ahead lookup key processing on the grid has been rewritten.
- fixed a bug that would prevent the minimize button from working on windows 7 systems set to 125% font size
- fixed a bug where erasing the first category label and then saving would move the other labels up one position
- mail: smtp will now decide which messages to send based on database records rather than msg files in the folder as it will be more intuitive for the user.
- mail: added a pop3 (no leave mail on server) duplicate check for mail.
- mail: reset filter log on mail rules now deletes the log file
- Contact drop to appointment is now correctly setting the default alarm lead time preference
- Print settings optional start and end time tweaks have been corrected to properly display a formatted time.
- custom date fields with v3x values should now visually convert.
- custom fields enhanced so that a field set as Normal Edit Control will no longer use/save previously entered values
- reverted to old style tool tips as a few reports of occasional sticking
- mail compose screen now has a real time attachment counter on the attachment tab.
- various other minor corrections & tweaks
- custom fields now support international currency (will need to change the field label to use localized symbol in place of $ and a program restart).
- repeat options on an existing non repeating event have now been corrected to reflect the appointment date rather than today's date.
- chaos host optimizations include providing some overlap time for network users with inaccurate system clocks.
- rewrote the query code for quarterly dates reports
- mail: improved the handling of international characters within the html body.
- mail: fixed a bug that was ignoring the option to 'always request receipt' when sending mail
- mail: the maximize / restore shortcut for the mail preview is now Ctrl + M instead of just Num + because it prevented users from being able to type a + character within a mail message and Ctrl + Num + is already used for zooming.
- mail: fixed a bug where a message replied to from the Quickfind screen would not show up in Sent folder in spite of the fact that it did send successfully.
- mail flags redrawn for better color recognition
- mail flags menu text is now customizable by editing with notepad the "flags.ini" file located in your folder "Mail"
- various other minor corrections & tweaks.
- on startup of classic module the first selected task with linked contacts now ignores highlighting of the contact may leave the user believing that that contact list sorting is incorrect.
- custom fields with decimal places are now displaying consistent formatting on both the grid and the data entry screens.
- fixed a bug with Set and Clear Categories Values where it would incorrectly truncate the category at the position of the change.
- now clearing the checked linked contacts when using Prev Next buttons on a contact record
- word mail merge with custom fields (projects or contacts) containing dates should now be correctly formatted.
- improved method of bringing ms word to the foreground when mail merging.
- removed the extra blank category from being added on the category selection pop up window.
- fixed a bug with Find and Replace that would cause rows to be skipped under certain circumstances
- fixed the Agenda module background color on windows 8
- mail: added a fix to help eliminate occasional floating point error when mouse wheeling a previewed message.
- mail: e-mail merge with custom fields containing dates should now work correctly.
- mail: added a function to compact memory every 100 messages downloaded.
- fixed the alignment of the query panel on the reports screen
- fixed restore so that it really can restore old format backup files.
- added ability to schedule a new activity series from within a record.
- mail: fixed a email merge problem that would cause the html document to produce BUSY as it's contents
- mail: added the ability to drag mail merge results directly to the Queued Message folder as an alternative method for sending.
- many small tweaks and twiddles.
- fixed a Group filter bug that would carry an Group Filter from the calendar to other modules.
- fixed an issue on the agenda page where a task entered today with a specified group would begin displaying until tomorrow.
- fixed a condition on the agenda page where an appointment set to the color blue would incorrectly display as white on white
- a new appointment default end time is completed without the requirement for a default start time.
- mail: renaming and deleting of a parent mail folder now correctly applies to all sub folders and messages.
- mail: printing message(s) from the main screen now corrected to include printing the inline images
- mail: added the NOTES as an optional column. RESET your columns (right click) to see "Notes" as an available option.
- mail: faster method of clearing of message preview window.
- fixed: Task default drop priority.
- fixed double confirmation required while creating a new set of data
- restore data now supports old version backups, providing that there are no current bak files in the restore folder.
- task list printout now supports color priorities
- the "New" toolbar button in Contacts now includes "E-Mail Message". This is to create a new email to all the selected contacts.
- quite a few treeview mode tweaks.
- corrected a font color issue on the Agenda page with the themes Brillant and Whitby.
- password in preferences is no longer displayed in plain text
- linked lists now save the last used sort order (ascending or descending)
- planner: fixed a buglet that would cause a && instead of a single & in the description when the event had an alarm
- mail compose window tab order changes
- fixed a bug in the monthly calendar view that could cause a lockup if <> symbols were used in the description
- added cut, copy, paste, delete and strikeout to the monthly calendar right click menu
- improved the find duplicate function on the report screen so that it now preselects (keeps) the oldest duplicates automatically.
- added a toggle button for live spelling to the notes screens.
- added a few adjustments to better handle large font settings in windows.
- create desktop shortcut was failing to actually launch the correct dataset
- fixed an issue where a maximized main form would not restore back to normal in the old windows classic mode
- a few tweaks to the activity series data entry screens.
- fixed a condition where editing a repeating series by ONLY changing the repeat thru date would fail to see the record as being changed.
- fixed a minor color issue with Metro theme font color
- improved percentage custom fields so it better supports decimals.
- contact record telephone number field connect (dial) buttons now working.
- new memory optimization/compression
- mail: tweaked email signature insertion conditions
- mail: improved the reliability of sending mail with complex html bodies.
- fixed a minor issue within the contact entry screen that was causing the misalignment of the copy and paste icons.
- fixed an issue that prevented the default time interval preference from being recalled.
- reordered the Quick Access Toolbar icons.
- included missing dymo label printing utility.
- mail: a better implementation for decoding message headers to avoid extraneous semicolons.
- mail: added compatibility mode for old style email series.
- mail: export eml default filenames now set based on message subject
version 188.8.131.52 - Official Release March 5 2012
- added a few more formats for the contact's "Name" field, which is extensively used not only as a column but also the format of Linked Names (contacts section of the program settings).
- address block on the business card now correctly supports the format chosen in settings
- copy primary/secondary address block images added to contact entry screen.
- a few tweaks to activity series editor data entry.
- fixed a small query bug in the reports section.
- a group and category query on the classic screen can now be combined.
- planner view time scale now picks up 12 or 24 hours from system settings.
- fixed a bug that prevented the type ahead search from working in the contact list when "activate controls with a mouse over" option was selected in options.
- mail: small fix to correct multiple semi colons in message subject if subject was UTF-8 encoded.
- mail: small fix for mail servers that use = signs with the message UID's
- mail: rules: fixed bug that prevented the dragging up/down of individual mail rules to re-prioritize them..
- mail: spell check (F7) has been fixed so that it no longer highlights the whole document when a spelling error is caught.
- mail: added a notification failure sound to all communications errors.
- mail: fixed a few resizing issues with the mail preview panel.
- mail: cleaned up and standardized the chaos supplied stationery.
- projects: fixed a condition where adding column totals could blank out the column header text
- launching a vCard, vCalendar can now correctly start the program if it is closed.
- mouse hover will now change the focus to the underlaying control. useful in conjunction with a mouse scroll wheel can be turned off in options (activate controls with a mouse over)
- no longer have to click a date for the week number to refresh, it's now activated on startup
- a single vcard exported to the user specified filename, multiple vcards export to the Display name of each record.
- prevented the opening of a new record by single clicking on a grouped node.
- improved the clearing of on screen data when changing data sets
- fixed a windows xp issue that caused a couple of extra characters to be displayed on the "New" menu items
- fixed a condition that prevented edited appointment or task series from being uploaded to ChaosHost.
- fixed a condition where editing of repeat series on the monthview or weekview and opting to change only a single event would incorrectly update the whole series.
- fixed the planner drag item so that it now can change both time and date in a single drag operation
- fixed an issue where the repeat thru date could initially be set to a date prior to the event date.
- viewing only of the repeat options no longer marks the record as having changed
- fixed a couple of minor issues regarding importing and exporting of vcards
- added additional checks to ensure user confirmation prior to creating any new files in a folder
- fixed an error in the format of the default time date stamp in notes
- improved the pasting of snippets into a note.
- added a "New" toolbar icon (easier for some to see/use)
- drop of contact to appointments now sets default start time, end time correctly.
- fixed a bug that would prevent a windows shutdown from closing the program.
- folder synchronization now supports legal billing data
- reporting on a date field can now accept values of (and can be saved with a report)
- %THISMONTH%, %LASTMONTH%, %NEXTMONTH%
- %THISYEAR%, %LASTYEAR%, %NEXTYEAR%
- %THISWEEK%, %LASTWEEK%, %NEXTWEEK%
- %THISQUARTER%, %LASTQUARTER%, %NEXTQUARTER%
- %JANUARY% ... %DECEMBER%
- fixed a bug that would prevent a plain text email message from appearing when double clicking to edit or view the message.
- custom copy fixed a bug that would raise an error due on tasks.
- custom copy now support linked names as text rather than record keys.
- agenda view appointment and task delete menus is now functional
- tree view nodes background color corrected to be the same as the grid
- grids were not remembering the last sort order when program was restarted if the first column was an icon style column
- the quick lookup edit (at the top of a column) will close when focus moved to another module
- added a notification that moving and sorting by columns is restricted while in treeview mode
- group filters are saved at program close and recalled on opening of data
- horizontal scroll position maintained after sort on column headings.
- better coordination of filters within various views
- mail attachments now have a Save All option on the right click menu. Also will save and recall last used folder location.
- advanced data backup explorer can now do a full restore of any selected bak as well as the normal restore of selected records.
- fixed alarm lead time defaults from recalling hours or days options
- minor bug fixes
- debug code removed
- fixed a bug that caused confusion with the N column and the Notes column.
- Multiple columns with the same caption (phone labels, custom fields) are now solid. eg: It's ok to have multiple mailto phone labels.
- a edited mail message that is sent or resent will always now be assigned a new filename and date
- reworked the contact preview window in order to fix and docking issue.
- email compose screen font color function has been changed from a font dialog to a color dialog to save a small step
- fixed a mapi mail bug where a Send from a mapi client application (Office) would not automatically set the default outgoing account preventing the mail message from sending, also will now set the stationery to default, optionally add a signature and vcard.
- enhanced the script blocking function to behave better with malformed html
- changed the agenda background color to match the background color in the other modules.
- mail compose screen now combines Save and Save as Drafts into one function Save. Save will either overwrite a message being edited, or save to drafts if is a new message, reply ..... Also, Save is now enabled and disabled based on whether or not message needs saving. This should make adding notes, editing linked contacts much easier; unsaved changes will be prompted as close as well.
- fixed an issue that prevented mail graphics from being saved if the image were located on a secured web server
- tweaked the default column settings to include N as the first column for calendar, contacts, tasks, projects while mail gets the A column first
- swap column data now functional in report module (it's located on a tab within Find and Replace).
- fixed a bug in the mail compose screen where inserting text or inserting html from the menu would cause the editor window to close.
- various bug fixes pertaining to crash reports mailed in.
- the column names for phone labels that are blank are now set to Phone #x
- default email client check option is now working again.
- default vcard attachments now working on new mail and replies.
- new mail notification sound may be selected from within the program options.
- significant redesign of internal processing of column orders.
- fixed a memory leak occurred when checking imap inboxes
- fixed a bug that could cause an email address in the preview panel to improperly display if it contained > < symbols
- fixed a bug that would cause the mail scroll bars to disappear until a refresh was issued.
- added Ctrl + NumPad Plus and Minus to provide Zoom In and Out functionality.
- added Phone Labels to the available columns in Contacts (reset columns to initially see them).
- queued message folders is now dynamically built as needed.
- email merging from drafts should now be working properly.
- fixed the attachment icon so it now also shows on sent mail.
- the compose screen address book now has a side panel displaying email addresses for click insertion into the address fields.
- fixed an columns issue that would cause a problem if 2 or more custom fields or default phone labels were given the same name.
- removed the flags menu item from the pop up menus (except for mail).
- fixed the report screen from refreshing after customizing columns and before a query has been executed.
- added Search Footer option to right click menus
- added Word wrap option to the right click menu to turn on/off multi line text
- when dragging SENT mail to the Navigation tabs for Calendar, Tasks, Projects it now automatically links the Recipients to Linked Contacts rather than the Sender.
- compose mail can now insert a horizontal rule
- a few more fixes for reported errors
- added a protection that if a user removes all of the columns, that a program restart will set them back to the default.
- added the communications abort button back to the status bar.
- added 15, 30, 60 minute interval options to the planner view
- improved the preservation of the current row after a check for mail inserts additional messages in the list.
- added the ability to add series from contacts.
- minor tweaks added to mail rules grid
- still working through user reported errors.
- added the option to have an attachments icon visible as a column in mail. In order to use this you existing beta users will have to :
- with the program closed. delete your "mail cache.isd" and "mail cache.ism" files located in your Mail directory. Upon program restart the cache will be rebuilt and the attachment presence will be stored in the database. Otherwise you will see the attachment icon only on new mail.
- reset your mail columns and choose the column named 'A' (for attachments). If you are not comfortable doing this, please call our technical support phone at 972-759-1121 during business hours for a walk through.
- added record counts to the caption bar for linked items on the data entry screens.
- incoming vCalendar invitations are now supported in the mail message preview.
- cut, copy, paste added to planner right click menu
- many fixes for error conditions as they have been mailed in by our testers & thank you for sending them !
- when changing the name format in preferences (Lastname, Firstname to Firstname Lastname or Company) now updates the email cache list immediately rather than requiring a restart
- a column with the notes icon is now sortable
- enhanced the email distribution list save feature, making it easier to update and delete existing lists with a new dialog. Click Save to see.
- initiating an email from a contact's card, the TO: field is populated with the contact's primary email address.
- email notes - a new tab on the email compose screen. (try it .... if you have a strong opinion on this let firstname.lastname@example.org know if you like it or hate it.)
- added a email column for the notes indicator (you will have to RESET the mail columns in order to see it).
- added a notes icon to the notes tab with an entry screen that will be present if there are notes.
- relocated Alarm settings in preferences to the general tab
- fixed a bug that would prevent the chaoshost settings screen from opening
- you can now drag (move) mail messages from the quick find list to the mailbox tree folders
- to no surprise we ended up with a few severe communications errors from the last release, so this update is a patch for those errors.
- fixed an error caused when saving/sending mail if an embedded image was missing.
- fixed the new distribution list save feature so that it works correctly in cc and bcc fields
- fixed a pop3 message number receive error.
- clicking on a url on the compose screen while not in edit mode launches the default browser.
- made the mail message conversion more tolerant to a corrupt message.
- email receipts (off by default, managed in mail section under program options)
- email send/receive progress added to status bar if message size is over 5k
- clicking save under the file menu of the compose screen will save the message and close the screen.
- editing an existing mail message (like adding additional linked contacts) will now preserve the original Date Sent/Date Received files and addtionally leave the message marked as READ
- corrected a condition that could cause an email sender to be blank on the message list.
- added distribution list save buttons next to cc and bcc
- distribution lists now show up in bold font in the drop down list with a bullet icon next to them
- upgrade of all the communications components. hopefully we all see no changes. (this is a necessary interim step to get to win8 tablet support someday).
- added a chaoshost sync option to perform a full sync on demand. This temporary option is located on the Log Page for the ChaosHost Settings.
- renamed web synchronization to cloud synchronization
- new chaoshost sync option for every 15 minutes.
- when adding a series from within a contact record it now automatically links to the open contact
- a fix (hopefully) for some task alarms that have not been firing
- added a check for a valid internet connection prior to allowing Send & Receive and Chaos Hosting Synchronization
- added hotkey Num + to Maximize and Restore mail preview panel.
- fixed an issue where the mail address cache file was not being properly closed when switching data sets
- added a fix to ensure that the tool tips that may spill over the screen width are visible, changed tip style to a more modern look.
- fixed a bug that prevented linked contacts from being saved if that was the only change made to a record
- a few adjustments to the services.ini settings file
- fixes for many small reported errors.
- we can now double click on any path listed on the Information About My Data tool under help.
- added additional Find and Replace options on reports
- added the ability to customize time date stamp in notes. (click drop down arrow on Date Stamp toolbar icon).
- added some new right click menu options to the file shortcuts. Show Full Path and Report View. Report View changes the view to a traditional grid with the ability to sort by clicking on column headers. Also added the file date and time column to the report view.
- replaced the task completion % slider with a more consistent and more compact combobox.
- the email toolbar moves to the mail preview window when maximized. added previous/next toolbar buttons to the toolbar when maximized
- fixed a minor tooltip issue with a file attachment name that was too long.
- improvements with intellects interaction with the Legal Billing accessory.
- fixed a condition where Add Sender to Contact List was not always saving the contact.
- email cache file (used for email addresses & linking) now updated with more predictability (on mail refresh).
- added info about the html message links on status bar when hovering over a url
- improved the resizing of the html editor on the compose screen.
- file and folder dropping to File Shortcuts now working.
- new activities scheduled while filtered by group or category now pick up both filters by default
- fixed a bug on the mail compose screen that would prevent image attachments from displaying properly inline
- a few theme tweaks to the Add EMail Series dialog
- we now have global hotkeys for adding new items CTRL + ALT + A (Appointment), C (Contact), T (Task), P (Project), M (Mail Message).
- fixed a critical bug that could cause the mail to error out if a mail message contained more than 60,000 characters of text.
Compatible version of legal billing is now available on our website in the "Chaos Labs
- added a warning message to prevent a user ("me") from changing databases while communications is still active.
- corrected a screen resizing issue on the message preview panel
- tasks now support an optional alarm time (did hell just freeze over?)
- email's dragged to Appointments, Tasks or Projects now "automagically" link to the email sender and additional contact links of the mail message. :)
- added an option to Reset Dialog Prompts (under help) to resurrect Dialogs that have the option "don't show this dialog again"
- added ability to add records from anywhere with the expanded Quick Access Toolbar.
- added Set and Clear of individual Category values
- sort and shuffle of Categories is done with a CTRL + DRAG of the categories
- fixed several reported memory errors.
- blank mail message with jpg attachments now display inline
- reversed prior decision to prevent duplicate attachment names on mail messages
- fixed a bug that prevented the month calendar printout from printing all appointments
- reports now has fundamentals of loading and saving of queries.
- improved the status text (caption) of a resulting query.
- contact address preview now properly expands/contracts to fit the size of the address block.
- address book printout now has option for including both addresses.
- contact's address flags are now working. Include Company, Include Job title
- items dropped on any grid pick up the group filter in effect on that grid
- mail messages now have a new tab on the compose screen for "linked names". This complements the automatic linking that has always taken place based on email addresses.
- Contacts dropped on Appointments, Tasks now uses the old style Lastname, Firstname - Company @ phonenumber
- Email spelling checking performance on large documents improved.
- Or logic added to reports
- changed the default character set for an html mail message back to iso-8859-1 instead of UTF-8.
- mail send to menu working so that you can copy messages from one mailbox to another without passing through a mail server.
- changed the message list caption from "All Mail" to the selected tree node path.
- export icon added to toolbar where it makes sense.
- fixed a condition that would occasionally cause a mail message attachment to be listed twice
- mail messages "sent later" was not displaying the tree node under scheduled nor bolding the folder correctly
- many other small fixes.
- Changing of Priorities on the task list no longer moves selected row.
- Forward a message now correctly sets focus in the TO field
- Contact Profile now prints Linked Appointments/Tasks correctly.
- photos can now accept both png and jpg images from a phone
- enhanced the appointment Send to Email Recipients with a robust HTML description of the event.
- week planner items now have right click options for delete and strikeout
- import wizard is working again
- clicking links within an email now ALWAYS opens your default browser.
- type ahead search in contacts is now accepting capital letters.
- added new check boxes in the compose mail screen for Live Spelling and Edit Mode. (Turning off edit mode will allow you to launch links as you would in a web browser)
- Redesign of the Agenda Page. Toolbar icon to toggle world clocks on/off. Page is created using your theme colors.
- many more theme tweaks, fonts, toolbars ....
- fixed a bug that would occur when editing a repeating series that would cause the first item in the series to be deleted.
- mail message can now be sent with a blank to field, provided that there is at least one valid email address in the Cc or Bcc fields.
- report queries are now correctly being executed as case insensitive.
- contact photo can now be stored in the database. Images transfer to/from phones through the Chaos Hosting Service.
- full docking support for the preview panels, tabs, stacked, closed ...
- fixed an error when right clicking on a message in Sent Items
- Weekview Timeline print tweaks options are now working
- correct an incorrect </br> instead of <br> that was being used when converting a plaintext mail message to HTML
- word wrap (calendar and tasks) added to grid items for long items.
- primary/secondary address toggle restored to the contact preview area.
- added some sizing checks to ensure that the telephone number entry area cannot overlay on top of the address block fields
- minor redesign to appointment, task entry screen.
- when in Tasks then month navigation calendars now highlight dates with tasks all other views highlight appointments.
- print mail added to right click menu of messages
- moving tasks by dragging to monthly navigation calendar is now refreshing the task list correctly.
- endless theme adjustments
- trimmed the lost vertical space on the main screen toolbar for a more compact look
- in projects the subtotal footer is now only visible if any of your visible fields contain a subtotal. (if you don't need it, it won't display)
- fix for the right mouse click error on grid
- more theme color adjustments
- mail preview header will now auto expand to display CC information is it exists in a message.
- custom field labels now size better to allow for longer labels.
- contact entry address fields redesigned for better appearance.
- found and corrected a memory leak associated with attached files
- new option to BLOCK SCRIPTS from running in HTML messages. On by default. Basically rips the <script> </script> sections out of mail messages before they are viewed. Mostly a problem when people share a very sloppy website through email and it's loaded with crap running in the background of the document.
- not longer changing the HTML's base url as it is very time consuming process on a large message, it seems to be unnecessary.
- clicking with mouse on To, From, CC, Subject labels on the mail message preview copies the text to the windows clipboard.
- Ctrl+Click on the Name and Address Block of the Contact Preview Panel will copy the address to the windows clipboard.
- Ctrl+Click on any of the phone labels of the Contact Preview panel will copy the phone number to the windows clipboard.
- option for darker gridlines
- adding linked appointments or projects from within a contact record now automatically link to the displayed contact record.
- fixed a projects bug that was preventing the first item from showing up on occasion.
- move imap messages between account folders.
- create new imap folders
- delete of imap folders
- rename of imap folders
- Smart Filters for email are now working. Smart filters are our own propriety tricks to reduce spam that we have learned over the years.
- Few additional theme color fixes.
- current date captions are back on classic appointments and tasks
- reformatted the mail message address fields when saving to increase their uniformity.
- senders email address is now removed when Replying to All
- sort and shuffle of categories has been replaced with a simple Ctrl+Drag of a category label. Category values within each record are all moved accordingly. You may notice a slight delay after moving labels when the category list looses focus.
- right click menu added to categories to allow editing of category count, alphabetic sort and uncheck all
- reactivated the mail compose save menu item as this was used by some to add additional email addresses to an existing message in order to force it to be linked to additional contacts.
- fixed a mail filter error. If data was not opened directly a check for mail would produce a filter error
- mail send now has been redesigned to perform an smtp send only (used to do a full send/receive)
- fixes to better handle unicode characters in emails, (changed the metatag tag for html).
- print single events (tasks & appointments) added
- fixes for contacts custom field columns. (I suggest one LAST reset of the contacts columns)
- category count can be changed using Ctrl+F7 while the category grid has the focus
- improved record editing so that it better reflects the changes on the associated preview panel.
- new imap feature that prompts you one time for a synchronization limit. ie. If you click on a folder with 5000 messages, it will ask if you want to download all 5000 or just synchronize the latest XXX number. This is great (I think) for looking at an IMAP Spam folder for instance.
- mailtree dragover delay implemented. The mail tree now will only automatically expand a node after 2 second's of hovering over a contracted node.
- mail folder treeview now scrolls when dragging items beyond visible area
- added right click menu option for "Send To destinations" with calendar, contacts, tasks, memos. Items appear in Inbasket of destination dataset.
- when changing tabs initial focus should now be set on the grid
- misc small things, tweaks
- category label changes can now occur either on the category filter screen, or within the data entry screen
- phone numbers that are blank will show in Contacts and surpress in Classic.
- phone labels defaults can now be reset with a right mouse click
- new default phone labels added for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ Removed pager from default
- updated custom fields font colors so they are visible in all themes
- distribution list save button is no longer a tab stop
- set all (most) form tab orders by ordered position.
- selecting a distribution list from CC and BCC now trim off the distribution list text
- selecting linked contacts now support arrow up, arrow down , page up, page down
- reorganized the custom fields panel so that tabbing works in field order
- dragging a mail message over a tree node that is not expanded will cause it to expand
- weekly planner last repeat in series flag move to start of description vs end of description for better visability
- you can now double click on any contact name on Linked Contacts panel to open the contact record
- right click menu on contact entry phone numbers adds back Set Default Phone Number, Default Phone Labels ...
- added a check to prevent the overuse of RE: and FW: on messages if it is already present at the start of the subject line.
- new style tooltips (hints) adds to the consistent user interface
- pasting records, while filtered (group or category or date) pick up the filtered attributes. (You can cut records, filter by new group and paste - records will now be in the new group). May have to write a whole white paper on the subject.
- additional tweaks made to column handling
- on classic screen highlighting a task or appointment that is linked causes the contact list to select the first linked contact.
- few color issues corrected in various themes
- new warning if user attempts to close the program while Chaos Host Sync is actively running
- word merge field label adjustments to ensure compatibility
- cntl+d shortcut added to the notes editor to insert current date-time stamp
- appointment colors apply now to description field only.
- appointment colors are now being stored/recalled with group selection
- appointment strikeout button added
- fixed a condition that would prevent a mail message located file in trash from being deleted with the record
- PgUp, PgDown now working.
- 14 day week planner view added
- fixed a condition that changing Linked Name only was not saving record
- Linked Name is now an optional column with hyperlinks back to the contacts. You will have to RESET columns to see column availability.
- Contacts Columns list has been shortened with submenu items for Custom Fields and Phone Numbers You will have to RESET the contacts column.
- Optional N column added
- type ahead lookups now position found row at top of grid if possible.
PS. Reset Columns is done with a right click on the column headers of a grid.
- email account colors are now working
- task completion percentage now working beta users will have to RESET tasks columns to be able to see it.
- delete key now deletes the active snippet from the list
- fixed an issue where snippets were picking up an obsolete folder location
- added end of repeat series flag to planner and monthview events
- fixed issue where a mailto link would bypass the outgoing mail queue
- calendar can now send and receive vCalendar events
- contacts can now import vCard Contacts
- email now supports "Distribution Lists". Look for the Save Button at the end of the To: field within the mail composer.
- fixed stationery paths that were preventing some graphics from loading
- fixed a color issue on About screen with dark theme
- typing in now prevented in the Insert Snippets due to the inability of the enter key to work as a trigger
- reply to mail now puts focus in the message body
- all future beta updates will be delivered to you by Check for updates under help
- Snippet support added to notes
- a few tweaks to the custom clipboard
- legal billing sync to chaos host now supported
Major differences from Intellect 3.x to 4.x
- Database file names have all changed. Names are now Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Projects
- Databases have been redesigned and re-indexed and optimized for performance
- Full multi-threaded communications, be logged into multiple accounts concurrently.
- Expanded field lengths for group names to 40 characters
- Chaos host synchronization now synchronizes changes only. Much much quicker
- Chaos host can now be set to auto synchronize every 15 minutes
- Linked files expanded to 100
- Any displayed column can now be grouped on.
- Tasks now can support multiple linked names
- New month view. It's fast and provides mouse wheel support
- New docking panels on classic screen. Put em where you want, close what you don't
- Columns, consistent, movable by dragging, selected with a right click on header
- Quick find speed improved and now supports the entire mail message body.
- New common In-box and improved IMAP
- Simplified / fewer program options.
- Tree-view grouping on any column
- Plain text notes
- Cut copy paste even mail records
- Consistent interface on custom fields (project entry, contact entry)
- Linked Email support on Appointments and tasks
- New Stationery files
- E-Mail distribution lists
- incredibly fast sync with folder to replace the old sync with removable media.
- Quick lookup on any sorted column
- Select and Print multiple mail messages
- Mail Merge with MS Word from Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, Projects
- Ability to add additional contact links from Mail Messages. (Linked Names)
- Contacts now support photos, and can sync through Chaos Host to your/from phones
- Task Alarms