Programmer's release notes for Legal Billing.
For Internal Use only.
- updated internal date conversions to better serve our international users
- added data validation on backup. Integrity of data is confirmed before we backup.
- fix for some users having synchronization issues with Chaos Host
- If filtered to a contact group, SHOW ALL will now only show all records belonging to a member of the contact group instead of every billing record regardless of group
- Added tooltips on most of the toolbar actions.
- Added addition info link about cloud synchronization option.
- misc other fixes / tweaks
- Improved the handling of non-usa currencies
- Fixed a printer error that could cause a failure on some newer printers
- Fixed a missing vertical line on the printout (right side of the table)
- new option on the print preview to use mousewheel for zoom vs. scrolling
- limited ad-hoc editing on the print preview using SHIFT CLICK. limited to your return address, Invoice number, footer, date.
- ability to rearrange columns with drag and drop, automatically saved and subsequently restored at next start.
- new option to synchronize with Chaos Host independently of Time & Chaos or Intellect
- Added collate when printing multiple copies of invoice.
- small screen redesigns to better accommodate users with Large Fonts set within the operating system
- fixed a small bug with the description dropdown box.
- improved the appearance of the filter matter, staff and invoice popups
- reopen paths list expanded to fit full path
- is billing is already running (minimized or not) and subsequently relauched it will always bring it to the foreground
- few tweaks to the email invoice.
- fixed an issue with generating an html invoice where the text: cellpadding = "0" would appear at the top of the invoice.
- designed for Intellect version 4 +
- added ability to reindex data files if ever needed
- rather extensive interface redesign
- ability to cut, copy and paste records on a right mouse click
- significant improvements to the export options to Excel
- added new UTBMS (Uniform Task Based Management System) Task Codes and Activities to the Description field of new records.
- ability to email an invoice to a client
- fixed a bug that prevented the export to Excel from working without an error
- new print option for alternating band color. this will print the band color choice on the main screen grid if desired.
- fixed: Client Drop Down list group filtering is now case insensitive
- printing of all invoices now honors the current sort order
- Invoice Preview can now be zoomed with the mousewheel
- added the ability to sort by clicking on a column header when subtotaled by a column. This sorts low to high within each group.
- fixed an issue where the splitter bar on the main screen could appear to the left edge of the screen
- a new filter option for showing only credit balances. This works only when showing all clients and subtotaled by client.
- new right click menu option to copy cells to the clipboard, useful for pasting into other programs such as excel
- the total column no longer automatically stretches to fill the remaining width of the screen. this should help make column resizing a little easier.
- improved table printing in either portrait or landscape
- Corrected an issue that prevented a Past Due Interest Calculation from being applied
- When Printing an Invoice that is subtotaled by Type, the line item totals can be blanked out with an option in the Print Setup.
- Expense items that have a Quantity greater than 1 will now display Qty@ Rate within the column for rate. Thus, items such as mileage will be displayed as 35@ $0.50
- improved the row heights when printing an invoice that include comments
- using type ahead in the client filter followed by the enter key will display the records for that client
- Include Previous Balance view option is now honored on the invoice printout
- removed extra blank pages from appearing when printing all invoices
- Ability to rearrange columns by dragging the column headers
- new theme interface
- improved invoice printing defaults
- improved invoice printing column width interface
- band coloring is turned off/on when subtotaling
- page number printing option on invoices
- new group field on the contact entry screen
- new bar chart for subtotaling
- Vista compatible
- Added some field validation to prevent the user from typing in "special characters" into the fields for Matter and Staff that can later affect the reporting results
- Print All Invoices should now print in Alphabetic Order of Client List.
- Multi-select checkboxes for Matters, Invoices and Staff filtering
- new print table functionality
- a progress bar added to the status bar to better indicate program activity
- clicking enter key in contacts list will refresh billing records
- "Next New" has been updated to use today's date instead of the date of the highlighted record
- a new option on the program settings to Set a Default Billing Rate.
- set default columns widths for printing and simplified the entry of column widths for printing on the print setup screen.
- fixed an issue that prevented the client name column from properly printing if that column was selected for printing on an invoice
- added a vertical scrollbar to the print preview thumbnails that will appear as needed
- zoom adjustments on the print preview are now automatically saved for default.
- added a right click menu option for "Next New", which should allow speedier data entry by preselecting a similar record.
- if a the filter bar is manually sized to a width of 0, reselecting FilterBar under the view menu will cause it to reappear.
- removed the toolbar icon to View Archived Transactions. The functionality is still available under the File Menu and seemed to be a feature that new users would find initally confusing.
- fixed a possible error condition that could occur will display A LOT of data on the grid.
- new multi column sorting
- filter improvements
- re-engineered the navigation panel on the main screen for improved performance.
- enabled the TAB key as a reporting trigger when clicked it's clicked in the client drop down list.
- fixed a bug a could cause a Invalid Index Error
- improved the auto-complete lookup in the client name combo box
- improved the load time of records.
- Added support for custom column widths when printing.
- Added the ability to turn on/off gridlines on the invoice printing for a "cleaner" look
- Invoice column selection can now be chosen from the print options. The columns printed can now be completely different from the columns displayed on the main screen.
- Option to toggle Previous Balance (under the view menu) is now remembered at startup.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Printing of All Invoices for a period.
- Fixed an error that could occur if a date was blank on a billing transaction.
- Improved the print spacing when including notes
- Allow printing of invoice with no transactions other than a previous balance.
- Added a printing option to allow a variable number of blank lines to be inserted before and after a client address. This should help with "windowed envelopes"
- Added new options within the Date Filters for This Week and Last Week.
- Improved reliability when entering new transactions when subtotaled.
- various other minor programming fixes/updates
- Fixed an issue where editing the notes ONLY of a contact and no other field would not save the changes.
- On some systems the duration was not being properly calculated based on different operating systems. This has been corrected to be consistent.
- Current Sort Order is maintained when changing clients
- Added new Group Filter for Contacts.
- Several minor adjustments and tweaks.
- Changed the wording from Grand Total to Balance Due for clarity.
- When subtotaling by TYPE the subtotals now display "Billable Hours", "Expenses", "Payments" instead of just a B, E, or P.
- Corrected the Export to Excel option where certain column selections could display incorrect columns in Excel.