Knowledge Base Article #321303
The date format for email messages is incorrect in Intellect.
Are you seeing the dates for your messages in Intellect show with an incorrect date format? Perhaps the messages are using a US based format when your system is set to a non-US based format (mm/dd/yyyy instead of dd/mm/yyyy for instance).
What you are seeing may actually be caused by an issue with Windows itself. It turns out, sometimes Windows 7 will not return the proper date format until the regional options are properly chosen again. There is a process we can go through to get the short date format seen correctly by Intellect.
This process requires deleting the msgcache files from your Mail data folder. If you are not sure where this is, open Intellect, click on Help and Information About This Data and not the Data Path listed there for Mail specifically.
Note: Deleting the msgcache files will have two side effects. First, all your messages will be seen as unread. You can select all your messages, right click, and mark them as read. Second, if you have left messages on the server, these will be downloaded again. So you may want to clear your inbox before attempting this process. If you have chosen not to leave messages on the server, this will not be an issue.
1. Close Intellect and change your regional settings to something different than the US or what you want. Be sure to change the entire region options and not just the date format.
2. Delete the three msgcache files from your data folder.
3. Reboot the system entirely.
4. Restart Intellect and make sure the new date format is used.
5. Close Intellect.
6. Change your regional options to the format you want to use.
7. Again delete the three msgcache files from the Mail directory.
9. Restart Intellect.
What short date format is then used? This is a bit of a process but it has worked for other users. Please let us know what results you encounter.
Keywords: date, format, short date, US, American, emails, messages, email, sort order, sort, order, dates, short, format
Modified Date: 5/9/2011
Click here to return to the Tech Support search screen.