Whenever we run into any issue, there are a number of basic steps we will almost always take. The majority of problems we see can be corrected using one of the following procedures.
1. Reset Program Options. Within Intellect or Time & Chaos, click on Help and Reset and choose Program Options. Close and restart the program and see if the issue still exists.
2. Reset Dock Panels. Similar to number 1, click on Help and Reset and choose Dock Panels. This will reset the various areas within Intellect or Time & Chaos back to their defaults.
3. Reset Columns. If you right click on any current column header such as the word Name at the top of the Contact area or Description are the top of the Appointment area, you can then choose Reset Columns from the context menu that appears. Many display issues can be solved by resetting columns in a given area.
4. Repair Data. As with any database program, it is possible data can become corrupted. Our software contains powerful tools for attempting a repair process. First make sure all of your data is safely backed up and that no one else has this database open across a network. Then click on Help and DB Tools and repair the database in which you are seeing a problem. Step through the rebuild, reindex, and compact processes one by one until each completes.
5. Keep windows up to date. Yes we know updates install automatically, often there are optional updates that should be considered. Hardware driver updates are usually in this category as are browser updates. Intellect uses Internet Explorer to view and create HTML message. IE does not need to be your default browser of course but does need to be kept up to date along with your other drivers and Windows itself.
6. Here in technical support, we will often use the Report screen to quickly find “odd” data. If you click on the View menu and select Reports, you can then (at the top left of the Reports screen) choose the database in which you are having an issue. If you then simply click the Go button on the left hand side, the Reports screen will find all existing records in that database.
You can then click any of the visible column headers to sort by that column. A useful check is to sort by a given field such as Date in the Appointment area or Name in the Contact area and look for any oddities at the top or bottom of the list. A date field filled in with something that is not a date or odd characters in a name field can be easily spotted using this technique.