Configuring a Windows Phone 7 device for Over-The-Air sync with ChaosHost
Please note: This is a draft version of the setup instructions
for this phone. If you find something that doesn't match up with what you see on
your device, please let our support department know so we can improve this page.
While not a requirement, it is also a VERY good idea to have a backup of your
data files. Our Time & Chaos and Chaos Intellect programs offer this as a choice
on the File menu. You should make a backup now if you have never done so, and making
regular backups of your data is recommended!
Please plug your phone into a power supply when doing your initial sync! It is
not a requirement, but the very first transfer will be sending enough data that
most users will notice considerable battery drain.
1. Configure Time Zone Settings
To successfully transfer your appointment data with correct times, you need to
select a default Time Zone for your database on ChaosHost.com. You will also
want to set your Windows Phone 7 device to the same time zone to ensure that all
the appointment start and end times come to your device as they should. WARNING:
If you change the time zone on your device, Microsoft will change all of the start
and end times on your appointments! If you want the start times and end times
to continue to match what you see on ChaosHost.com and in Time & Chaos/Chaos
Intellect, you should NOT change the time zone on your device once you have made
your initial setup!
- Login to your account on ChaosHost.com, and go to Options.
- Select "Change Over-The-Air Mobile Sync Preferences".
- On "Enable", choose True.
- Select a Time zone for your database. Time zones are listed by Continent,
so Canada, Mexico and the United States would all be considered America, for
- The other preferences are optional, but useful if you have extremely large
- When complete, SAVE your settings.
2. Add a Exchange ActiveSync account to your Windows Phone 7 device
- Press the right arrow button on the home screen to view the app list.
- Press Settings.
- Press email & accounts.
- Press add an account.
- Press advanced setup.
- Enter your ChaosHost login in the Email address field as if it
were a real address. it should look like this: email@example.com .
- Enter your password in the Password field.
- Press Next.
- Press Exchange ActiveSync.
- Make sure User name field is just the normal login you use for
- Enter chaoshost in the Domain field.
- Enter www.chaoshost.com in the Server field.
- Make sure there is a check mark next to Server requires encrypted (SSL)
- Change the Account name to ChaosHost.
(This will be the name of your Exchange email tile.)
- Change the Download new content setting to download less often. This will
be a major source of battery conservation on your phone!
- Turn off the option for Email under Content to sync, as there is no email
with ChaosHost. This account is used just to sync Contact and Calendar data.
Windows Phone 7.5 should add Tasks support.
- When you are done, press sign in.
This help article applies to
a cloud database service for users of Chaos Intellect, Time & Chaos, and Chaos Free